Continuing Education Approval Protocol
IAHCSMM actively seeks out relationships with healthcare companies and affiliated chapters to encourage continuing education in the Central Service field. With new product developments and technology increases growing at a rapid rate, there will always be a need of continuing education for IAHCSMM's members. For companies or chapters that already have quality educational or training programs in place, IAHCSMM can partner with the company to convey this information to our members and certificants by approving the program for credit value.
As of March 15, 2017, CEs will be approved for two years from the approval date. This change will only affect CEs approved from March 15, 2017 forward and will not be applied to CEs awarded prior to this date. If you have any questions, please contact Patti Koncur, Education Specialist at email@example.com.
$50 per submission*
*Payment not required until program has been approved for CE credit value. IAHCSMM Partners and affiliate Chapters enjoy waivers of this administrative fee.
- To encourage continuing education for technicians, supervisors, managers and directors
- To provide an avenue for maintenance of points for recertification for all levels of certification
- Application for Continuing Education (CE) contact hours must be submitted a minimum of 6 weeks before the start date of your educational offering
- Submission Requirements:
- For full workshops and seminars: A sample brochure and/or handout, clearly outlining program titles, objectives, and the number of contact hours planned for each topic.
- For print and online publications: a copy of the article or module including post test, if applicable.
- For presentations: a copy of the handout, outline, or PowerPoint presentation that will be used. Please include a copy of the post test, if applicable.
- All submissions must include clear objectives and the time allotted for each topic.
- If the seminar is sponsored or co-sponsored by a vendor, or sponsored by a non-affiliated chapter, there will be a $50.00 processing fee. (You will be invoiced following approval.) There is no charge for CE approval processing for IAHCSMM Partners and affiliated IAHCSMM Chapters
Program approvals are valid for two years from date of approval. Programs to be repeated, after the initial two year period, must be resubmitted to receive approval for the following two years.
When submitting a previously approved program for renewal, please complete a new Continuing Education Approval Protocol Form. Be sure to record the previous approval code and include a copy of the program documentation (i.e. article, brochure, self-study guide, etc.).
Notification of Approval
- Approval/denial notification will be forthcoming within 4 weeks of IAHCSMM receiving the complete Approval Application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. The educational offering will be assigned an approval number and the number of approved contact hours.
- Providers must include the approved number of contact hours and the approval code on participant certificates.