ANSI/AAMI ST79: 2017
Advance patient safety with the landmark guide for the entire steam sterilization process!
ST79 is the go-to reference for steam sterilization in all healthcare facilities, regardless of sterilizer or facility size. Developed by sterilization and manufacturing professionals ST79:2017 helps you to:
- Ensure safety at every step for processing medical devices
- Assure continuous maintenance and proper sterilization practices of processed items across multiple facility departments (i.e., OR, ER)
- Understand the complete lifecycle of sterilization processing—from managing temperature and humidity to processes for the decontamination area
- Substantiate the need for equipment upgrades to meet federal guidelines that reduce potential citations
- Stay in compliance with the latest industry standards and regulatory bodies like The Joint Commission
- Support the delivery of properly processed medical devices critical to optimizing patients’ health
- Guide personnel toward desirable performance objectives
The new ST79 is easier to reference as it’s been reorganized into topical groupings and provides the flexibility for facilities to determine certain criteria based on their concerns.
Click here for Shipping Information
Ordering ANSI/AAMI ST79 Materials
All orders require one business day for processing. Orders will not be shipped the same day received, and next day air orders will be sent out the following business day (weekends and holidays not included).
$375- IAHCSMM Members
|Order ANSI/AAMI ST79 Online||PDF Order Form|
For more information and publication items, visit the IAHCSMM Store.