Code of Conduct
The IAHCSMM Certification Council supports appropriate, professional standards designed to serve the central service technicians, their employers, and the public. First and foremost, certificants give priority to providing central services in a manner that promotes safety, reflects positively on the profession, and is consistent with accepted moral, ethical, and legal standards. Certificants have the obligation to:
Section 1: Adherence to IAHCSMM Policies & Requirements
- Adhere to all laws, regulations, policies, and ethical standards that apply to the practice of providing central services and related activities.
- Follow all certification program policies, procedures, requirements and rules. This includes the obligation to be aware of and understand these policies and requirements.
- Provide accurate and complete information to IAHCSMM concerning certification and recertification.
- Keep confidential all IAHCSMM examination information; including preventing unauthorized disclosures of exam information.
- Cooperate with IAHCSMM and the Certification Council regarding matters related to the Code of Conduct and complaint and/or disciplinary investigations.
- Properly use IAHCSMM certification titles, marks, and logos.
- Report violations of the Code of Conduct by IAHCSMM certificants to the Certification Council.
Section 2: Professional Performance
- Maintain high standards of integrity and conduct, and accept responsibility for their actions
- Be accountable and responsible for their actions and behaviors.
- Foster excellence in Central Service by continually seeking to enhance their professional capabilities through continuing education and regular on-the-job training.
- Maintain the confidentiality of private and sensitive information, unless there is mandate to report or other legal obligation to disclose the information.
- Act professionally, and practice with integrity and honesty.
- Strive to fairly and objectively represent the principals of CS and encourage others to act in the same professional manner consistent with certification standards and responsibilities.