Be a Part of a Global Professional Network
The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) is the premier association representing healthcare Central Service (CS) professionals worldwide. Because CS professionals are responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, sterilizing, and distributing medical and surgical instrumentation, they are among the most vital contributors to the delivery of safe, high-quality patient care.
For more than 50 years, IAHCSMM has been providing these professionals with the broadest range of certification and continuing education offerings available, along with the unsurpassed support that only a full-service membership organization can bring.
This commitment to advancing CS knowledge, skill sets and professionalism is why thousands of members rely on IAHCSMM to keep them sharp, focused and abreast of the very latest standards, best practices and technological advancements impacting the CS profession.
As a member of IAHCSMM, you have a support system dedicated solely to the advancement and enhancement of your chosen career, and enjoy several member-centric benefits:
- Participate in a professional association of nearly 30,000 other CS colleagues
- Communiqué Magazine
- Central Source e-Newsletter
- Discounts on IAHCSMM educational publications and materials
- Savings on online continuing education lesson plans
- Reduced registration fees for the IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo
- Access to the online IAHCSMM Discussion Forum
- A vote in IAHCSMM elections, bylaws changes, and other issues
- Opportunities to participate on IAHCSMM committees
- Opportunities to participate in Association leadership roles
- Eligibility for awards recognizing CS accomplishments
For questions regarding membership, email IAHCSMM.
IAHCSMM offers three membership categories for individuals:
Active members are those who are either employed in a Healthcare Central Service or Materiel Management Department.
Associate members are those determined by virtue of their occupation to have an allied relationship with Central Service Materiel Management departments.
Emeritus membership may be conferred by the Association upon individuals who have been members in good standing of the Association for five (5) years and who have inactive status or rendered outstanding service to the Association.