Sterilization Packaging Shortage
By: IAHCSMM Education Department
March 17, 2021
IAHCSMM is aware of reports of sterilization wrap shortages throughout the U.S. Those shortages may require facilities to consider alternative packaging. If your facility is considering implementing alternative packaging, be certain to ensure that:
- The product is cleared by the FDA for use as sterilization packaging.
- Your facility follows standards and guidelines when using the product.
- Your facility follows the instructions for use of the packaging, sterilizer, and devices to be sterilized.
- Appropriate testing is completed before use.
- All users (Sterile Processing) and end users (Operating Room and other procedural areas) are educated on proper use of the products.
Click here to read the full article.