How to Attain Fellowship with IAHCSMM
- Must be an active member in good standing for at least five years and hold the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) designation;
- Must have responsibility for direction of a Central Service (CS) department of a healthcare facility or have an interest by virtue of practice; and
- Must submit a detailed, well-researched, referenced and well-written paper on a topic pertinent to the CS profession, such as processes and/or practices that led to targeted, quantifiable improvements within the department or facility (please click on the "Research Paper Requirements" tab for more specific details and guidelines), a Curriculum Vitae and two professional letters of recommendation. The Curriculum Vitae should include:
- Education, including degrees and certifications;
- Employment experience as it relates to the CS field;
- Membership affiliations (years of membership, committees services, membership activities, etc.); and
- Professional development, including industry presentations, articles written, awards received and other activities that promote the CS profession.
Step 1: Submit the following to IAHCSMM headquarters:
- Fellowship application;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Two letters of Recommendation; and
- Research paper topic and detailed outline.
Step 2: The Fellowship Committee will review the application and research paper outline. The candidate will be contacted regarding the next steps in the Fellowship process.
Step 3: Submit final research paper and cover letter to the Fellowship Committee.
Step 4: Final research paper will be reviewed by the Fellowship Committee.
Step 5: The applicant will sit for an interview with the Fellowship Committee during the IAHCSMM Annual Conference to demonstrate knowledge of the information presented in the research paper.
Step 6: The Fellowship Committee will meet to determine whether or not to grant Fellowship.
Step 7: If Fellowship is granted, the recipient will be recognized at the IAHCSMM Annual Conference.