Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM
Family Health Center / Marshfield Dental Center
Email the Chapter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM! The Chapter was established in 2009 by Lori Ferrer. She had a vision to bring education to rural, central, and western Wisconsin.
We've grown so much since then.
The first group of Board Members in 2009 were:
Lori Ferrer: President
Mellisa Ndiaye: President Elect
Nancy Benish: Secretary
Karen Gont: Treasurer
Since 2009, our membership included Central Sterilization professionals from hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, dental clinics and private practice offices.
The goal of the Western Wisconsin Chapter is to stay abreast of the rapidly changing technology in our field. We have bi-monthly meetings, spring workshops, fall retreats and tours of various facilities. The Chapter also hosts speakers of diverse topics and offers Continuing Education to maintain certifications.
There are opportunities to become active board members, participate on committees, network with colleagues and earn points for paid trips to the IAHCSMM Annual Conference. Best of all, we offer an opportunity to build lasting friendships.
2010: IAHCSMM Small Chapter of the Year Award, San Diego
2013: IAHCSMM Small Chapter of the Year Award, San Diego
- Immediate Past President Lori Ferrer was chosen by the IAHCSMM/3M International Sister CSSD Educational Exchange Program to visit Taiwan;
- Immediate Past President Lori Ferrer was chosen by Aesculap for Manager/Supervisor of the year award;
- President Dawn Rooney participated in an "Item Writing Workshop" creating questions for the IAHCSMM certification exams;
- President Dawn Rooney submitted a proclamation to Governor Scott Walker for Central Service Week in Wisconsin (Oct 13-19, 2013);
2014: President Dawn Rooney was asked by Jo Colacci, IAHCSMM Government Affairs, to serve on the Advocacy Committee;
- President Dawn Rooney was nominated by Paul Thomas for "Who's Who" in the Infection Control Today magazine.
- 5 years as a chapter 2009-2014
- Lorie Plaza (President) and Dawn Rooney (Imm. Past President) sent letters to the Wisconsin Governors in obtaining a proclamation to proclaim October 12-18, 2014 Central Service Week
- Cami Solsrud (Chapter Member): Letter sent to LaCrosse Tribune celebrating Central Service week
- Nancy Benish: Our 1st member to become an Honorary Member. Nancy was a part of the first group of Board Members in 2009, serving as the Chapter Secretary
- Document Launch Team (Natalie Lind) contacted WWCI members to participate in the IAHCSMM document share and review team (Members include: Lorie Plaza (President), Dawn Rooney (Imm. Past President), Rachel Malinowski (President Elect), Karla Uptagraw (Chapter Member), and Jen Weiker (Chapter Member)
- Lorie Plaza (President) was invited by Larry Parsons (Nomination Committee Chairperson) to help assist on the committee. Lorie Plaza is currently serving on the IAHCSMM Nomination Committee
2015: IAHCSMM Medium Chapter of the Year Award, Fort Lauderdale;
- Lorie Plaza (President) sent letters to the Wisconsin Governors in obtaining the proclamation, proclaiming October 11-17, 2015 Central Service Week
- Nancy Pengra won Decontaminator of the Year Award, Fort Lauderdale
- Jen Weiker (chapter member) had a letter sent to the Lacrosse Tribune, celebrating Central Service Week
2016: Lorie Plaza (President) was one of the Final Four Wrap Race finalists at the IAHCSMM Annual Conference. She competed in the 3rd Annual Halyard 2016 Smart-Fold Wrap Race competition in San Antonio, Texas.
- Dawn Rooney obtained a proclamation from the Wisconsin Governor for October 9-15, 2016 to be proclaimed as Central Service Week.
- "Jason's Presents" in the Bloomer, WI area, was our community project. A monetary collection was given to provide Christmas gifts for those people loss fortunate than ourselves.
- Technical College's Advisory Committee members are: Dawn Rooney and Rachel Malinowski for Midstate Technical College in Marshfield, WI and Bonnie Dahl, Jane Burr, Julie Goodenough and Nancy Hammes for Western Technical College in La Crosse, WI.
- AAMI committee was added to our chapter committees.
2017: Soup & Sox in the Marshfield area was our community project. A collection of dry goods and monies was given for people in the area less fortunate than ourselves.
- Technical College's Advisory Committee members are: Dawn Rooney and Rachel Malinowski for Midstate Technical College in Wausau, WI and Bonnie Dahl, Jane Burr, Maureen Mooney and Nancy Hammes for Western Technical College in La Crosse, WI.
- Dawn Rooney obtained a proclamation from Wisconsin Governor for October 8-14, 2017 to be proclaimed as Central Service Week.
- Created 17 Chapter Policies
Poster Presentations by Chapter Members at the Annual Conference:
2010: Jan Myers, "Improving the Quality of Care and Service for Patients"
2011: Jan Myers, "Above and Beyond - Measure Improvements to Internal Customer Satisfactions"
2012: Tom Thompson, Nancy Hammes, & Jane Burr, "Envision the Green Initiative"
2015: Lorie Plaza (President), "How to Host a Chapter Meeting"
- Dawn Rooney (Imm. Past President), "Problem Solving Surface Stains on Instruments"
- Rachel Malinowski (President Elect), "Promoting Our Chapter"
- Diane Amborn, "Moving Into a New Era of Sterilization"
2016: Jen Weiker, "Implementing Endoscope Reprocessing Education, Training and Testing"
2017: Diane Amborn, "Reusable/Disposable Instruments"
- Rachel Malinowski, "Follow that IFU"
2018: 6 posters were submitted to IAHCSMM for display at the National Conference in Phoenix, Arizona
Articles written by Chapter Members:
2012: Jan Myers, "Above and Beyond Improving Internal Customer Satisfaction," printed in Infection Control Today
- Board of Directors
- Chapter News
- Contact Form
|Executive Board Member:|
|Executive Board Member:|
Our chapter is keeping up with our goal to stay abreast of the rapid changing technology in our field. Our workshop committee is busy getting ready for our Annual Spring Workshop coming up April 6 & 7, 2018. This workshop will be held at the Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire, WI. The theme for this workshop is Construction - Building Blocks for Success. There will be many great topics, speakers this year and a great vendor fair on Friday.
Click here to download the Workshop brochure and registration form.
Once again our Chapter feels the importance to give back to our communities. In December we took on another community project to help out others in the Marshfield area by collecting dry goods and monies for those less fortunate then us. "Soup & Sox" project was our recipient this year. Every meeting we invite speakers to educate our members on many different topics to keep us current on the many changes happening in our field. We learned about the Hazards within CS, Reprocessing Flexible Scopes, Preparing for The Joint Commission, How to Package, Transport and Store Sterile Products, Sterility Assurance. We talked about the "Hot" Topics from the Annual IAHCSMM conference and took a look inside of a Dental Clinic. All of these were good topics and we were able to learn from our vendors, speakers and our own members. The networking we share with each other is "huge", as we are all in this together and learning from one another helps us all to grow. This is a great reason to be part of a chapter. Anyone interested in joining our chapter please let us know. Our e-mail is email@example.com.Read More
Construction: Building Blocks for Success
April 6-7, 2018 (Registration deadline is March 23, 2018)
Sacred Heart Hospital
900 W Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Click here for the complete brochure and details.
June - date TBD - Black River Memorial, Black River Falls
August - date TBD - Marshfield ASC Hospital, Eau Claire
October - date TBD - Gundersen Tri-County Clinic and Hospital, Whitehall
December 7, 2018 - St Joseph Hospital, Chippewa Falls
Come join us - even if you are not a member of our chapter - you are always welcome to come and attend so you can see what our chapter is all about! If you need more information about our chapter or a meeting, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Facebook page: "Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM."Read More