Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM
Welcome to the Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM! The Chapter was established in 2009 by Lori Ferrer. She had a vision to bring education to rural, central, and western Wisconsin.
We've grown so much since then.
Marshfiled Medical Center
Email the Chapter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors:
Marshfield Medical Center
Marshfield Clinic OSC
Gundersen Health System
Ascension Saint Clare's Hospital
2009 Board Members were:
Lori Ferrer: President
Mellisa Ndiaye: President Elect
Nancy Benish: Secretary
Karen Gont: Treasurer
Since 2009, our membership included Central Sterilization professionals from hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, dental clinics and private practice offices.
The goal of the Western Wisconsin Chapter is to stay abreast of the rapidly changing technology in our field. We have bi-monthly meetings, spring workshops, fall retreats and tours of various facilities. The Chapter also hosts speakers of diverse topics and offers Continuing Education to maintain certifications.
There are opportunities to become active board members, participate on committees, network with colleagues and earn points for paid trips to the IAHCSMM Annual Conference. Best of all, we offer an opportunity to build lasting friendships.
Our accomplishments over the years:
Proclamation from Wisconsin Governor for Central Service Week:
- 2014 - 2018
Chapter Members submitted letters to the editor to La Crosse Tribune:
- 2014 - 2018
- The NF Walk (Neurofibromatosis): 2015-2017
- 2016: "Jason's Presents" Bloomer, WI area
- 2017-2018: "Soup & Socks" Marshfield, WI area
IAHCSMM Chapter of the Year:
- 2010 and 2013: Small Chapter of the Year Award, San Diego
- 2015: Medium Chapter of the Year Award
Chapter Member Achievements:
- 2013: Lori Ferrer was awarded Manager/Supervisor of the Year Award; also chosen by IAHCSMM/3M International Sister CSSD Educational Exchange Program to visit Taiwawn
- 2013: Dawn Rooney participated in "Item Writing Workshop", creating questions for the IAHCSMM certification exams.
- 2014-2017: Dawn Rooney served on the IAHCSMM Advocacy Committee, and in 2014, was nominated for "Who's Who" in the Infection Control Today magazine
- 2014: Lorie Plaza was invited to the IAHCSMM Nomination Committee
- 2016: Lorie Plaza was one of the final 4 competing in the Annual Halyard Smart-fold Wrap competition
- 2015: Nancy Pengra was awarded the Decontaminator of the Year Award
- 2014: IAHCSMM's Document Launch Team asked WWCI members to participate in the IAHCSMM document share and review
- 2017: created an AAMI committee; and created 17 chapter policies
Honorary Chapter Members:
- Nancy Benish (2014): The 1st Secretary for the Chapter in 2009
- Karen Gont (2018): The 1st Treasurer for the Chapter in 2009
WWCI Chapter Members sit on Technical College's Advisory Committee for Midstate Technical College in Marshfield & Western Technical College La Crosse (2009-2018)
Poster Presentations by Chapter Members at the Annual Conference:
- 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 2012 and 2018