Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM
Marshfiled Medical Center
Email the Chapter: email@example.com
Welcome to the Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM! The Chapter was established in 2009 by Lori Ferrer. She had a vision to bring education to rural, central, and western Wisconsin.
We've grown so much since then.
2009 Board Members were:
Lori Ferrer: President
Mellisa Ndiaye: President Elect
Nancy Benish: Secretary
Karen Gont: Treasurer
Since 2009, our membership included Central Sterilization professionals from hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, dental clinics and private practice offices.
The goal of the Western Wisconsin Chapter is to stay abreast of the rapidly changing technology in our field. We have bi-monthly meetings, spring workshops, fall retreats and tours of various facilities. The Chapter also hosts speakers of diverse topics and offers Continuing Education to maintain certifications.
There are opportunities to become active board members, participate on committees, network with colleagues and earn points for paid trips to the IAHCSMM Annual Conference. Best of all, we offer an opportunity to build lasting friendships.
Our accomplishments over the years:
Proclamation from Wisconsin Governor for Central Service Week:
- 2014 - 2018
Chapter Members submitted letters to the editor to La Crosse Tribune:
- 2014 - 2018
- The NF Walk (Neurofibromatosis): 2015-2017
- 2016: "Jason's Presents" Bloomer, WI area
- 2017-2018: "Soup & Socks" Marshfield, WI area
IAHCSMM Chapter of the Year:
- 2010 and 2013: Small Chapter of the Year Award, San Diego
- 2015: Medium Chapter of the Year Award
Chapter Member Achievements:
- 2013: Lori Ferrer was awarded Manager/Supervisor of the Year Award; also chosen by IAHCSMM/3M International Sister CSSD Educational Exchange Program to visit Taiwawn
- 2013: Dawn Rooney participated in "Item Writing Workshop", creating questions for the IAHCSMM certification exams.
- 2014-2017: Dawn Rooney served on the IAHCSMM Advocacy Committee, and in 2014, was nominated for "Who's Who" in the Infection Control Today magazine
- 2014: Lorie Plaza was invited to the IAHCSMM Nomination Committee
- 2016: Lorie Plaza was one of the final 4 competing in the Annual Halyard Smart-fold Wrap competition
- 2015: Nancy Pengra was awarded the Decontaminator of the Year Award
- 2014: IAHCSMM's Document Launch Team asked WWCI members to participate in the IAHCSMM document share and review
- 2017: created an AAMI committee; and created 17 chapter policies
Honorary Chapter Members:
- Nancy Benish (2014): The 1st Secretary for the Chapter in 2009
- Karen Gont (2018): The 1st Treasurer for the Chapter in 2009
WWCI Chapter Members sit on Technical College's Advisory Committee for Midstate Technical College in Marshfield & Western Technical College La Crosse (2009-2018)
Poster Presentations by Chapter Members at the Annual Conference:
- 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 2012 and 2018
- Board of Directors
- Chapter News
- Contact Form
|Executive Board Member:|
|Executive Board Member:|
Our chapter is keeping up with our goal to stay abreast of the rapid changing technology in our field. Our workshop committee is busy getting ready for our Annual Spring Workshop coming up April 6 & 7, 2018. This workshop will be held at the Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire, WI. The theme for this workshop is Construction - Building Blocks for Success. There will be many great topics, speakers this year and a great vendor fair on Friday.
Click here to download the Workshop brochure and registration form.
Once again our Chapter feels the importance to give back to our communities. In December we took on another community project to help out others in the Marshfield area by collecting dry goods and monies for those less fortunate then us. "Soup & Sox" project was our recipient this year. Every meeting we invite speakers to educate our members on many different topics to keep us current on the many changes happening in our field. We learned about the Hazards within CS, Reprocessing Flexible Scopes, Preparing for The Joint Commission, How to Package, Transport and Store Sterile Products, Sterility Assurance. We talked about the "Hot" Topics from the Annual IAHCSMM conference and took a look inside of a Dental Clinic. All of these were good topics and we were able to learn from our vendors, speakers and our own members. The networking we share with each other is "huge", as we are all in this together and learning from one another helps us all to grow. This is a great reason to be part of a chapter. Anyone interested in joining our chapter please let us know. Our e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
Construction: Building Blocks for Success
April 6-7, 2018 (Registration deadline is March 23, 2018)
Sacred Heart Hospital
900 W Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Click here for the complete brochure and details.
June - date TBD - Black River Memorial, Black River Falls
August - date TBD - Marshfield ASC Hospital, Eau Claire
October - date TBD - Gundersen Tri-County Clinic and Hospital, Whitehall
December 7, 2018 - St Joseph Hospital, Chippewa Falls
Come join us - even if you are not a member of our chapter - you are always welcome to come and attend so you can see what our chapter is all about! If you need more information about our chapter or a meeting, you can always contact us at email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page: "Western Wisconsin Chapter of IAHCSMM."Read More