Content & Composition of the Examination
The CER exam will test your proficiency in these areas:
- Microbiology and Infection Control
- Endoscope Purpose, Design, and Structure
- Work Area Design
- Endoscope Reprocessing Steps
- Endoscope Handling, Transport, and Storage
- Endoscope Tracking, Repair, and System Maintenance
- Human Factors That Impact Endoscope Systems
Each of these seven knowledge domains outline the type and amount of content covered in each section, as well as its weight on the certification exam. Please click here to see the full CER Exam Content Outline.
The exam is computer based and no writing instruments are needed (a paper and pencil version of the exam is not available.) The test is comprised of 150 multiple choice questions and you will have 3 hours in which to complete the exam. Questions can be marked for review and answered or changed later in the exam. A 15 minute tutorial describing how to take the exam on the computer precedes the test and is also available online, here. For more information regarding the testing process please see the Certification Testing section.