Duties & Responsibilities
The Certification Council is solely responsible for all essential decisions related to the development, administration, and ongoing maintenance of the IAHCSMM certification programs, specifically:
- Establishing the policies and procedures for granting certification,
- Establishing the policies and procedures for maintaining certification,
- Establishing policies and procedures for suspending or withdrawing certification (including the oversight of all disciplinary investigations and actions related to certificants),
- Defining, expanding, and/or reducing the scope of the certification programs,
- Overseeing the development, maintenance, administration, and scoring of the examinations to ensure that all tests are reasonably valid and reliable,
- Establishing and enforcing a Code of Conduct for individuals holding credentials,
- Proposing a budget for the operation of the certification program,
- Providing oversight to all certification committees and establishing and overseeing committees as needed, and
- Establishing and implementing policies and procedures for, and overseeing the ongoing operational processes of, the certification programs.
The Certification Council convenes to discuss the above issues throughout the year via conference calls and emails. As possible, the Council also meets at the IAHCSMM Annual Conference.