Heat Sealers

IAHCSMM Discussion Forum: Preparation & Assembly: Heat Sealers
By mcockerham on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 10:11 am: Edit

I'm in the market to purchase a new Heat Sealer. Does anyone know of a "good one" to look at?

By lisahuber on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 10:51 am: Edit

We purchase our peel pouches from Medi-Plus and they provided our heat sealer for free. We are very satisfied with both.

By steve kovach on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

Since this is a question asking about heat sealers. Healthmark sells peel pouches and we have a program that you can get a heat sealer if you purschase our peel pouches. we also sell heat sealers to any company or hospital reguardless if they use our pouches or not.Please contact me at my email address for more info.
I work for Healthmark. thank you

By SPSmedical on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 12:01 pm: Edit

SPSmedical also provides heat sealers at no cost to users who purchase our packaging systems. We source the best quality heat sealers in the business and offer them for sale at a minimum mark up for users who do not purchase our packaging systems. A variety of sizes are available, for more information call 800-722-1529.

By kathy on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 05:24 am: Edit

Are heat sealers necessary for all peel packs?
We use a peel pack from medline, and have never had a heat sealer...

By Anonymous on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 10:05 am: Edit

No. Some peel packs have an adhesive strip closure. However, if your pack does not, and you are taping it shut you have a problem.

By Erle Shepard on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

If you are not using a self seal pounch the two acceptable methods of sealing are a heat sealer or you can tape it shut. In CS tech manual it shows you the proper way to tape seal pouches and dust covers. If you do not have a tech manual I will be happy to fax you a copy of that page.

By Erle Shepard on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 02:12 pm: Edit

If you are not using a self seal pouch the two acceptable methods of sealing are a heat sealer or you can tape it shut. In CS tech manual it shows you the proper way to tape seal pouches and dust covers. If you do not have a tech manual I will be happy to fax you a copy of that page.

By kathy on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 06:19 am: Edit

No, they are self sealing, but thought I might be something:) Thanks, Kathy

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation